IPMS Borinqueneers Eng Version

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Figuras Militares - Military figures > 1/6 Baron Manfred Von Richthofen - " Red Baron" bust from Model Cellar

pedro.negron
Site Owner

Hi guys! Here I share with you my first attempt with a 1/6 bust that I grab from Last Cavalry at Ipms Nationals (thanks Dave!) its the Baron Manfred Von Richthofen, or the Red Baron!

I started cleaning the figure with soap to remove all the molding grease, then after dry, a coat of tamiya thin primer was given.

From there I use Vallejo colors for the base color. A few weeks later I decided to stop ignoring it and try to paint a face!, 1 and half hour later the result. (Still missing eyebrows, eyelashes omitted by mistake. :smiley24: ) eyes are not wonderful, but for a first time I guess they are ok.

--

Pedro J Negron

Webmaster

email: Pedro.negron@gmail.com

October 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pedro.negron
Site Owner

Next day the uniform was started too. Here a dry-fit testing.

--

Pedro J Negron

Webmaster

October 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pedro.negron
Site Owner

Next day in my lunch time I started to work the red color in the hat and uniform. Then a retouch during the night.

--

Pedro J Negron

Webmaster

October 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pedro.negron
Site Owner

testing and testing fitting and how its looks the face with the hat.Visor painted with Tamiya gloss black. Pictures are great to detect error in the painting.

--

Pedro J Negron

Webmaster

October 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pedro.negron
Site Owner

same test with the body, colors are building up, still need to seal it to give a warm effect to the colors using oils.

--

Pedro J Negron

Webmaster

October 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pedro.negron
Site Owner

and here my last effort so far, figure almost done. Still pending to seal it, then oils and then gluing for good to the wood base.

--

Pedro J Negron

Webmaster

October 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pedro.negron
Site Owner

--

Pedro J Negron

Webmaster

October 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply